What is Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Cosmetic Acupuncture is a non-surgical procedure that rejuvenates and revitalizes both your face and body. For centuries, Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners have known that beauty radiates from the inside out. When the internal body is nourished and is in harmony, the external body will reveal this radiance.
How does it work?
Cosmetic Acupuncture focuses on restoring balance to the body. Sessions encourage the flow of energy and nutrients to the face. Tiny, sterile needles are inserted into particular points on the body and face where the flow of energy can be stimulated in order to combat the underlying factors that contribute to the aging process. Superficial needle insertion on the face increases blood flow, stimulates muscle tone and promotes the formation of collagen and elastin.
What can I expect during a session?
Upon arrival an assessment will be made on your general health, body condition and facial concerns. Based on your diagnosis, acupuncture needles will then be inserted into various points along the body, face, and scalp and left for approximately 30 minutes. Once the needles are removed from the face and scalp, a micro-dermal roller will be applied followed by a soothing jade roller to cool the skin and close the pores. Next, a moisturizer is applied prior to relaxing acupressure massage over the face and head. At the conclusion of the treatment additional therapies such as herbal formulas and dietary recommendations will be suggested in order to assist you in getting the most from your treatment. The entire process takes approximately 90 minutes.
How many sessions do I need?
For maximum results, ten sessions are recommended. Results will vary depending on the patient. Younger patients may notice improvement as early as the first treatment. For those with more mature skin, a ten treatment protocol with weekly or biweekly sessions is suggested. For long-term results, we recommend a maintenance program of quarterly treatments during the first year and annually thereafter.
What are the benefits of Cosmetic Acupuncture?
- Produces natural results that look like you, only younger.
- Fades and shrinks age spots.
- Reduces puffiness and sagging skin.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improves the skin tone.
- Lifts droopy eyelids, eliminates bags and dark circles under the eyes.
- Naturally lifts the eyebrow arch and scalp muscles.
- Improves the jawline, lifts the cheeks, and eliminates double chins.
- Stimulates the muscles around the mouth making the lips appear more full.
- Balances the hormones of the body to reduce hormonal acne.
- Promotes blood and lymph circulation to bring a glowing radiance to the skin.
- Relatively painless treatment without the risks or downtime associated with surgery.